Strong-Naming provides a unique identity to your assembly. It should not be taken as a security method.
A Strong-Named Assembly contains the simple text name of the assembly, the version number, optional culture information, a digital signature, and the public key that corresponds to the private key used for signing.
Strong naming your assembly allows you to include your assembly into the Global Assembly Cache (GAC).
Signing an Assembly with Strong Name-
The easiest way to do it is by using Visual Studio.
- In Solution Explorer, right click on your project and select properties.
- Select the Signing tab.
- Select the Sign the check box.
- In the Choose a strong name key file box, choose <Browse…>, and then navigate to the key file. To create a new key file, choose<New…> and enter its name in the Create Strong Name Key dialog box.
More on Strong-Named Assemblies :
Please leave your comments and feedback.
Thanks for checking out !
- Switch between multiple proxies in Chrome browser [ProxySwitchy Guide] - February 12, 2016
- CISCO VPN CLIENT -REASON 442: FAILED TO ENABLE VIRTUAL ADAPTER [Fix] - January 31, 2016
- CynogenMod 13 (Android Marshmallow [6.0]) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. [21-12-2015] - December 21, 2015