Installing Sitecore Package ! [Sitecore 8.1]
To install a Sitecore package follow the below steps- (For steps on how to create a package Click here)
- Select Installation Wizard from the Sitecore desktop start menu–
- Installation Wizard will open. Select ‘Choose package’ option if the package is already copied to Data\Packages folder or select ‘Upload package’ to upload the package from any local file location.
- Lets try with ‘Upload Package’ here. Click on ‘Choose File‘ button and select the package from the file system. Click on Next and then on Upload.
- Click on Next from the main wizard. Verify the details of the package and finally click on ‘Install’.
- Package installation will start. In case the item already exists then it will ask for options- Overwrite, Merge, Skip etc which can be selected based on requirement.
- After the package installation is completed, it will ask to restart the client. That’s all, package has been installed and can be verified by going to the content tree.
Thanks for checking out!
Please share\like and comment.