Before proceeding you should have basic knowledge of what Rooting is and what are the merits and demerits of Rooting an android smartphone. Please click here to know about Rooting.
- Confirm that your phone model is GT-I9300 by going to Settings–>About phone–>Model name.
- Go to Settings–>Developer Options and Enable USB Debugging. If Developer Options is not enabled then go to About Phone and tap on Build number 7 times to enable it.
- Make sure the USB drivers for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 are installed on your PC.
- Battery should be atleast 50% charged.
- Backup all your important data.
- Proceed at your own risk. 🙂
- Download CF-Auto-Root file for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to your PC. Link – CF-Auto-Root File for GT-I9300
- Extract the downloaded zip to get CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 file and Odin exe file.
- Run Odin exe file as administrator on your PC.
- Switch off your phone. Enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together until the warning triangle appears on the phone’s screen. Then press the Volume Up button to enter into Download Mode.
5. Connect the phone to the computer using USB while it is in Download Mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. An Added message will appear under Odin message box. Additionally, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with the COM port number indicating successful connection
Note- If the Added message does not appear then try connecting the phone with other USB port. In case the issue still persists then re-install the device drivers.
6. Click on the PDA Button and select the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 file. The Auto-Reboot and F.Reset Time options should be checked. Click on the START button to start flashing the root file.
7. The Installation process will start and will take a few minutes to complete. ODIN will show the PASS message and phone will reboot after successful flashing.
The phone should be successfully rooted after the above process (Use ‘Root Checker’ app to confirm). In case it is not rooted, follow the entire process once again. If you still face issues, please POST them in the comments here and we can discuss on possible solutions.
If you want to flash Custom ROMs in your device, then custom recovery has to be installed after the rooting process.
Click here for Steps to Install TWRP custom Recovery on Galaxy S3 I9300.
Please leave your comments and feedback.
Thanks for checking out !