Creating WiFi hotspot using Command Prompt !
- Open Command Prompt (cmd) with admin privileges.
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=[anyname] key=[password]in Command prompt. This will create a offline Hotspot.
** Replace [anyname] with the name of hotspot you want and the [password] with the hotspot password.
- Type netsh wlan start hostednetwork in command prompt to start the hotspot.
- To share your internet connection on this hotspot go to the Network and sharing center and click on Change adapter setting.
- Right click on the Connection that you use to connect to internet and select properties. In properties go to Sharing tab and check the box “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” and select the network connection name that is used by your hotspot. Save it.
If your hotspot does not start or gives any error, make sure the following points are done-
- Wifi should be enabled on your laptop/desktop.
- Go to Device Manager and check that the Network adaptors>>Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adaptor is enabled.
Do comment if you face any issues.
Thanks for checking out !