The CellBroadcast notifications are too annoying on CynogenMod 11. Disabling them from settings won’t work.
After some research and googling I finally found a way to block them on my Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 running CM 11 M8.
- Open Terminal Emulator. Run the following commands in series.
1 su 2 mount -orw,remount /system 3 rm /system/app/CellBroadcastReceiver.apk
Reboot your device and the CellBroadcast messages should be disabled now. 🙂
Alternatively, you can disable CellBroadcasts using Link2SD app as well.
- Install Link2SD app.
- Open the app and go to Cell Broadcasts application in the list. Click on it and then select Freeze option from the Actions.
- The app will be freezed and the annoying messages will stop immediately.
Thanks for checking out.
Please comment, like and share.
- Switch between multiple proxies in Chrome browser [ProxySwitchy Guide] - February 12, 2016
- CISCO VPN CLIENT -REASON 442: FAILED TO ENABLE VIRTUAL ADAPTER [Fix] - January 31, 2016
- CynogenMod 13 (Android Marshmallow [6.0]) on Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. [21-12-2015] - December 21, 2015