Not able to find ASP.NET 4.0 in the list of Application Pools in IIS?
Follow the below steps-
- Check if C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319 path is present on the machine. If not, you probably need to Install .NET 4.0 framework first. If yes, proceed with the steps-
- Open Command Prompt (type cmd in Run and press Enter↵).
- In Command Prompt type – ‘cd C:WindowsMicrosoft.NETFrameworkv4.0.30319‘ and press Enter↵.
- Now type – ‘aspnet_regiis.exe -ir‘ and press Enter↵. It will install ASP.NET 4.0 to IIS without impacting the existing applications.
- Now go back to InetMgr (IIS Manager) and you should be able to find ASP.NET 4.0 in the list Application Pools.
Do post in comments in case of any issue.
Thanks for checking out !